LN52A630
In searching for an LCD or plasma TV my main focus was an accurate and excellent picture at a somewhat reasonable price, and for LCD, a 120 hz refresh rate. I checked Consumer Reports and CNet for highly rated LCD's and plasmas and narrowed it down to 5 models from Samsung and Panasonic. The LN52A650 was very highly rated by both CR and CNet and one of my considerations, while the LN52A630 was not rated by either but it is a very similar model. I went to a store and saw all of the models I was interested in. All displayed excellent pictures and the plasmas were a pinch better but their screens were like mirrors and in a normally lit room reflective glare was very distracting. Some of the LCD models were almost as bad. The 630 and 650 were side by side making it easy to compare video on the 2 models and it was hard to notice any picture quality difference as both were excellent, except that when the screen went white, grey, or black the difference in glare was very noticeable. Since all of the models I was interested in displayed an excellent picture, screen glare became more of an important factor for me and the A630 was clearly a winner in that category. At home, I noticed it had noticeably less glare than with my old tube TV, and the picture was superb for both cable standard and HD broadcasts.
It came out of the box very easy, set up was very easy, and picture out of the box was excellent. For me, some minor tweaking such as contrast 94, brightness 55, sharpness 0, color 54, tint G46/R54, and backlight depending on how dim or bright your viewing room is, slightly improved the picture as well in my opinion. Sound quality is good. I have had this for 2 weeks and am very happy with it.
This TV is supposed to have TOC - the slightly red edge around the TV frame, which is pretty subtle when seen in person. On mine however, it is not red. Possibly a defect but one that I don't mind.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment