Friday, October 30, 2009
Samsung LN52A630 Best TV and best buying experience I've ever had
I did a lot of reading on LCD sets and the pros and cons. I also did a lot of reading on LCD vs Plasma. The 120mHz refresh rate and contrast ratio put all the arguments for Plasma to rest. The 630 has a matte screen finish and that settled the debate over the 650 vs the 630. The 650 model has a gloss screen with lots of glare (and yes, even when on). Unless you plan on watching TV in a dark room with no windows, the 630 is the way to go. Though the contrast ratio is only 40,000 to 1, the set renders blacks very well. The contrast ratio is as good as Plasma, and the screen is brighter than most Plasma sets I looked at. The 650 has a 50,000 to 1 contrast ratio, but that is only due to the gloss screen finish (an optical illusion in effect). I'm very happy with the 630 set. I'm also glad the TV uses less energy than Plasma (reviews tend to down play this but the difference is much greater if the TV is your primary set). I've seen the two types of sets being run with a current meter attached and the Plasma used about 30% more power in standard operation mode. The LCD screen is also rated to last longer than a Plasma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment